07 December 2019

Message from Cameron Boekhoff

by Cameron Boekhoff
President
COPA Flight 8 Ottawa

My name is Cameron Boekhoff, and I am honoured to be the President of Ottawa - COPA Flight 8.

I’ve been a flying member of the aviation community since 2011, when I earned my Glider Pilot’s License through the Royal Canadian Air Cadets. In 2013 I added a Private License, also as a cadet. College saw me take a couple years off of flying, but I learned a thing or two about fixing airplanes, graduating from the Aviation Maintenance Program at Canadore College in North Bay. My AME license was stamped in 2018, and remains my most recent license. I hope to soon be able to add a Commercial and Multi/IFR to my list.

I wanted to bring back a COPA Flight to Ottawa. Both for the social opportunities, but also to represent local pilots in matters to our association. As the community changes rapidly around us, I believe there is something we can do to help bring in the next generation, promoting safety, airmanship, and most importantly respect for all our fellow aviators.

I hope to see you all out at our events soon. Should you have any questions, feel free to email me.

No comments: