By Bill Tate, Vice-President, Project North Star
Our first planned Special Event is for Friday 14 June 2013, which is a trip to 426 Thunderbird Squadron at CFB Trenton.
While at 426 Squadron our tour will take in the training aspects of the new C-130J Hercules that the RCAF is taking delivery of, replacing the older C-130 models.
The tour will consist of:
- 10:00 Arrival and welcome by 426 Squadron Commanding Officer, Lieutenant Colonel Damon Perrault, in the foyer
- 10:05 Intro to the Sedley S. Blanchard Air Mobility Training Center (AMTC)
- 10:15 AMTC Tour (split group)
- 12:00 Lunch (Yukon galley) - $10 per person
- 13:00 AMTC Tour (split group)
- 14:00 Departure
Here are some of the tour highlights:
- Fuselage Trainer (FuT)
- Integrated Procedures Trainer (IPT)
- Tactical Flight Training Device (TFTD)
- Weapon System Trainer (WST)
- Hercules Observer Trainer (HOT)
- Night Vision Integrated Simulator (NVIS)
After 426 Squadron we will visit the RCAF Memorial Museum along with the restoration shops where we will have the opportunity to talk to their volunteers.
After the museum tour we will have an early dinner at Tomasso's Italian Grille before returning to Ottawa. At this time we have only 11 seats left.
For booking please email to confirm you are coming and mail a non-refundable deposit of $30.00 payable to PNSAC and a post-dated cheque (14 May 2013) for $40.00 payable to PNSAC and in the cheque memo please indicate Trenton trip.Please mail the completed booking information, including Name of Participant (in full), Date of Birth (dd/mm/yyyy), Preferred Contact Information (e-mail or telephone) and cheques to: PNSAC
PO Box 44005
541 Montreal Rd
Ottawa ON K1K 4P8