From Rani Tolton, Chair of the Eastern Ontario Chapter of the 99s
Robert Kostecka will present a talk entitled, Discover the A380
The Airbus A380 is the is the world's largest passenger airliner. It is also a very sophisticated aircraft, with a flight deck that incorporates the latest advances in technology. In this presentation, pilot Rob Kostecka, provides an introduction to this fascinating aircraft. We hope that you'll join us to learn about some of the unique features of the A380.
The presentation provides an overview of some of the A380's systems, including:
- advanced flight deck design with electronic flight instrument system (EFIS)
- onboard information system (OIS), which creates a "paperless" cockpit
- external and taxi camera system (ETACS)
- fly-by-wire flight controls which incorporate Airbus flight control laws
The presentation also describes how training is conducted on modern aircraft:
- computer-based training (CBT) ground school
- multi-function training device (MFTD)
- evacuation training (emergency slides)
- full flight simulator (FFS)
As a professional pilot, Rob has accumulated more than 13000 hrs of flying time - with 4000 hrs PIC on transport category jet aircraft. He holds type ratings on a variety of aircraft including the A320, A330, A340, A380, B757, B767, CRJ, Dash 8 and B-25. Rob is an experienced simulator instructor and has qualified as an Approved Check Pilot (ACP). In 2007, he served as a member of the international team that conducted the Operational Evaluation (OE) of the A380.
This presentation has been designed for all aviation enthusiasts.
Here are the details:
- What: Discover the A380
- Presented by: Robert Kostecka
- Where: Rockcliffe Flying Club
- Date: Thursday 12 January 2017
- Time: 1900 hrs
- Who: Everyone is welcome!