From Marc Desjardins, President, Ottawa Flying Club:
Hosted by the Ottawa Flying Club, Fly Day is an event supported and contributed to by local area pilots, aviation related businesses and organizations, many sponsors, and the Ottawa Rotary Club, and we need volunteers to make it work! Fly Day
Fly Day Pilots Wanted!
Pilots with 4-place aircraft are needed for the 53rd Annual Fly Day at the Ottawa Flying Club to carry out sightseeing flights over Ottawa.
If you are a pilot with:
· A Private or Commercial Licence
· 100 hours or more PIC (special consideration for Algonquin students who wish to volunteer with 85 hours PIC and reviewed by CFI)
· 10 hours on Type
· 10 hours in the previous 12 months (or a checkout by an OFC instructor)
· Familiarity with procedures at Ottawa
· Recency and Currency as per the CARS
· 1 hour PIC or Dual within the last 30 days before FlyDay, and
· a 4-place (or better) aircraft to fly (owned or rented)
...you can take part in Fly Day!
If you fly as a volunteer pilot, you will receive:
· Tax receipts for all operating costs
· Free Fuel
· Landing and Departure at CYOW are waived for participating aircraft
All of the Cessna 172s and the Beech Duchess have been reserved for rental use on Fly Day.
Ground volunteers needed too!
Ground volunteers are needed to escort passengers to and from the aircraft and to marshal aircraft.
As most activities take place on the OFC ramp, ground volunteers are required to be licensed pilots, student pilots with their student pilot permit, or airport authority red pass holders.
If you are interested in flying or for volunteering for other activities, in taking a ride at the event, in being a sponsor, or contributing a static exhibit, please contact Marc Desjardins.