By Brian Russell, ABC FlyIn - Lancaster Aero Club, COPA Flight 190
Below is the schedule for this year’s event. The times are a “best guess” and subject to change. Weather, participation and “Murphy’s Law” certainly being deciding factors.
We look forward to welcoming all of you to Lancaster once again and would ask that everyone starts saying regular prayers to weather gods !!
Fly low, fly slow and have fun!
2014 Lancaster Aero Club ABC Fly In Schedule
Friday 15 August 2014
- Starting around 1630 hrs
- BBQ and conversation with hamburgers, hot dogs, chicken burgers, salads etc.
Saturday 16 August 2014
- Starting around 0930 hrs
- We have confirmation that SAR will attend with a Griffon helicopter, of course their participation is weather and operation dependant.
- CASARA will also be in attendance to make a presentation.
- Smart Pilot will be giving several seminars over the course of the day. Some of the topics we are expecting to cover are upset training, aerobatics and recovery from unusual attitudes, ATC VFR procedures for Montreal and Ottawa, EPIS and border crossing and flight planning. All seminars are free of charge and most will satisfy the Transport Recurrent Training requirements.
- One soldier, one person (OSOP) is also planning to attend. This is a group associated with Wounded Warriors of Canada. They are planning a around the world flight in a Socata TB-20 to raise money and awareness for our veterans deemed unfit for military service. The funds raised will go toward treatment and education.
- Lunch will be available (wraps and salads etc.)
- Saturday evening we will have a home cooked chili dinner served in the hangar.
Sunday 17 August 2014
- From 0800 – 1000 hrs we will have homemade muffins and coffee available for all pilots. If there is sufficient interest we will do a fly out breakfast to Morrisburg.
- All meals, drinks etc will be available at very reasonable prices and reservations or deposits are not required but we would appreciate knowing if you intend to join us so that we have a better idea of the quantity of food required.
- “Savage” camping and tie down will be available free of charge.
- Accommodations (for the non camping types) will be available at the Nav Centre in Cornwall and a free shuttle will be available. The Nav Centre is a very nice, modern, clean and fully equipped convention centre with over 500 rooms and was originally a training centre for ATC. You can make your own reservations on their website or at 1-866-243-9193. The cost of the room at the Nav Centre is $109 plus tax and the cancellation policy is 72 hours.
A reminder for our American friends, the Cornwall Regional Airport (CYCC) is a port of entry and is located just minutes away from the Lancaster Airpark (CLA6).