There was some confusion last year as to whether the Rockcliffe Flying Club was continuing its tradition of running a Canada Day fly-in or not. Despite the lack of announcements in 2012 the fly-in was held, although attendance by aircraft flying-in was predictably quite light, due to the lack of publicity.
Even though RFC's calender once again doesn't indicate the event exists, there is a volunteer recruitment page for the event and it is mentioned on the club's Facebook page as well, so it seems to be on again this year!
So here are the details:
- What: Canada Day Fly-in Breakfast
- Where: Rockcliffe Airport, Ottawa
- Organized by: The Rockcliffe Flying Club
- Date: Monday 01 July 2013
- Time: 0700-1200
- Also: The Canada Aviation and Space Museum will be offering aircraft rides to the public
See you there!