09 December 2019

Message from Laura Matheson

by Laura Matheson
Vice-President
COPA Flight 8 Ottawa

Hi everyone!

My name is Laura Matheson, and I am very excited to come aboard COPA Flight 8 as your Vice President!

I attended flight college right out of high school, finishing as the only woman of my graduating class two years later with my PPL, Night Rating and Float Endorsement. Since college I have worked as a Ramp Attendant, and presently work as a Customer Service Representative for Porter Airlines. With a little cooperation from the weather I hope to finish my CPL and MIFR in the next year.

In my spare time I represent Elevate Aviation as their Tours and Speaking Engagements Co-Coordinator for Ontario. I am also a member of my local Ninety Nines Chapter, the Ontario Seaplane Pilot’s Association, Women in Aviation International, and most recently am one of the four Canadian Women in Aviation 2019 Aviation Scholarship winners.

One of my favourite thing about General Aviation is the freedom that flying can bring; although I have airline dreams in the future, life currently VFR and below 10,000’ is where I am happiest. Having worked alongside your Chapter President, Cameron Boekhoff, to re-establish a National Capital flight for COPA over the last few months has been an absolute privilege! We are working on putting together an exciting list of events for our members, and I look forward to both celebrating and promoting the General Aviation Community of both Ottawa and Ontario with you!

Catch me on the fly!

No comments: